The Association of Nordic Engineers, ANE, is looking for a Communications Manager
Are you interested in promoting the role of engineers in our societies and strengthening the brand of a growing organization in the Nordic Region, in the EU and globally? Are you passionate about technological development, international cooperation and policy influencing?
Are you a change-maker, eager to take initiative, bring new ideas and unfold your creativity? Do you have experience in networking, events planning and creating compelling content for SoMe? If yes, you might be interested in the vacant position of Communications Manager in our organization.
- Develop and execute communication strategies that align with the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including articles, news, website content, and other promotional materials that communicate organizations’ goals and activities.
- Create visually compelling multimedia designs for various platforms, including website, social media, and presentations.
- Manage and update website content using WordPress.
- Monitor and analyse website and social media analytics to identify areas for improvement and optimize content accordingly.
- Coordinate activities of the ANE Communications Forum. Establish and maintain a good relationship with the communication/marketing departments in the ANE member-organizations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of communications and multimedia content.
- Plan, manage, and execute targeted events from content setting, attracting speakers to event marketing, and promoting of the results.
- Proactively seek new innovative approaches to promote engineers’ voices in society and enhance visibility of the organisation.
- 5 years of relevant experience in communications and stakeholder management from a similar organization, which focusses on policy influencing and interest promotion at regional and/or EU level or having an experience from working with international agendas in a political organisation.
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Excellent English skills both verbal and written. Knowledge of Nordic languages would be an advantage
- Proficiency in WordPress, HTML, and CSS. Experience with SEO and analytics tools.
- Experience with multimedia design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro.
- Strong communication, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and adapt to changing tasks, which would require a certain flexibility. Being self-driven, a problem-solver and an out of the box thinker.
- Capacity to integrate quickly in the cross-cultural team and being a team-player: the ANE secretariat is a small entity, and this requires helping each other with the tasks and stepping in for each other if needed.
- The job includes traveling in the Nordic region. Up to 20-25 travel days per year should be expected.
- Physical presence at the office in the secretariat at least once per week. Remote working can be organized for the rest of the time if needed and upon agreement.
What ANE can offer?
- An exciting job in an international organization in the heart of Copenhagen. The ANE secretariat is located in the premises of the Danish Society of Engineers, IDA.
- Experience in regional cooperation and interests’ representation (lobbying activities).
- Overseeing the communication and branding of the organization.
- Providing advice on planning and coordination of different scale events.
- Participation in stimulating political debates and getting new networking possibilities.
- A flexible work environment and learning from multi-disciplinary experts.
If you are the one, we are looking for, and you’re interested in being part of our quest to promote the role of engineers in our societies and strengthen our brand, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please upload your application (CV and a short motivation letter in English, max. 1-page A4) via our recruitment system, we do not process applications sent via e-mail.
Please also note the following:
- Your motivation letter should include concrete examples of your recent communications products.
- We recommend that you do not upload your picture in your CV. This will ensure a fairer selection procedure.
- We don’t use automated systems during selection processes.
The application deadline is Friday, 24th March. The first interviews will be held Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th April 2023.
Second interviews will be conducted during week 16. Candidates invited to the interview will be asked to complete a written exercise, which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 17th April 2023.
On the day of the second interview, candidates will be asked to undergo a personality test.
The start day is 1 June or 1 August depending on candidates’ availability.
If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact Inese Podgaiska, Secretary General at email@example.com/+45 29 74 39 60.
About the Association of Nordic Engineers, ANE
ANE promotes the interests of Nordic engineers through cross-organizational cooperation. The Association of Nordic Engineers serves as a platform for its affiliates to generate ideas and share knowhow. The cooperation focuses on securing sustainable working life for engineers, and on demonstrating the role of engineers impacting the sustainable transition of our societies. The focus areas are STEM competencies and lifelong learning, new technologies, including AI and twin transition. ANE was established in May 2007.
Together, ANE represents more than 500.000 engineers in the Nordic Region. ANE member organizations are the Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers (Sveriges Ingenjörer), the Danish Society of Engineers (IDA), and the Norwegian Society of Engineers and Technologists (NITO), the Association of Chartered Engineers in Iceland, VFÍ, and Engineers Finland.
For more information, please visit the ANE website: nordicengineers.org